01 July 2010

newbies

So I've been thinking beautiful people! Like I said in my previous blog I was not expecting to really pass my board/license exam the first time... I thought my summer would be consumed with preparing to take it again in August/September (if you fail you have to wait 90 days to take the exam again). So now I am emotionally trying to prepare myself for goodbyes and new adventures. I am going to try and give my sister a summer crash course in life because she will be graduating next year and off to college then. I do not believe that she is ready for college or to stand on her own so hopefully this summer will ease my worries.

I told myself after I passed that now I would need to find something to do with myself. I need to accomplish something else, or go on some type of adventure/journey. If you know me then you know that I cannot stay still because me being stuck in a rut is completely not okay with me. It is so much easier on everyone if I am spending my time being busy. I think I am happier.

When I move I am going to adopt a dog, probably an adult or older dog. I'm trying to decide between the Bichon Frise, Miniature Schnauzer, and Toy Poodle. They all are so cute it will be difficult to decide. I am also planning on getting into learning how to playing the talking drums but that will come with time. I am also thinking about volunteering as a CASA (court appointed special advocate) worker for foster children. I thought about this because I have a BIG soft spot for children especially children who have been abused and neglected and feel like they have no voice. So hopefully this year or so I can do the training and become a CASA worker.

New beginnings are scary but exciting all at once. :)

Happy Holiday weekend beautiful people!

1 comment:

TYR said...

3 tries later - happy long weekend to you too [my niece keeps typing while i type as well]