03 March 2009

It was time to leave...

So I gave in my two weeks notice not because I hated working with the girls but because of th neglect abuse and maltreatment of the adolescents I worked with specially the female residents. And I felt mistreated. During my employment there I met many people adolescents and staff. Although I had bad encounters with the staff, I could say that I ignored it until it was just too much. I dealt with the rude, the power tripping, the illegal activity, inappropriate boundaries with the residents, vindictiveness, and two faced people. 
I think I would have stayed for the children but to me it felt like they were trying to get rid of me. I say this because although my job knew I was in graduate school they were not trying to accommodate my school schedule even though they have and still help other employees. That is when i felt like they were trying to get rid of me. I then dropped from 40hrs to 30hrs and drama just got to be too much. Almost 3 weeks ago I gave them my resignation letter and on my last day I told the girls I worked with. They cried and cried I tried to explain and console them. I told them that in order for me to be a therapist or Social Worker/DSS worker I would need to finish school. I do feel like I am abandoning these girls, whole heartedly I do. I had compassion for the girls and frankly no other staff does. But I know that I had to do it.
So it was time to leave and I believe that when one door closes another does open weather it be for me or someone close to me. It did open for someone who has been waiting to hear back from the government. She was cleared and she is soo ready to start working soon. I am glad that the door opened for her and for me everything will come in due time. Since we are all interconnected I just have to wait and see. 

No comments: