29 May 2010

So life begins... Or does it?

Hey beautiful people! It has been two weeks since I graduated. I really do not feel much different until I realize that I actually did it. I will be watching TV or driving and abruptly I start break dancing because I remembered I graduated... LOL yes break dancing even in the car! I'm so excited! Yay!
On Wednesday I sat for my board/ licensing exam and and and I PASSED! Yay me! Now I'm dancing again! LOL! It was really stressful for me to sit for the exam because everyone talked about how it is a difficult exam and most people fail it the first time. I am glad that the exam is over with. Now its official I am a licensed professional. Wow! I'm all that? (Raising my hand) can I go back to school now? No seriously!

The graduation went as expected. My older brother and his wife acted like it was about them, my father showed me off like I was art work, my mom was my mom, my sister was sad because I am leaving her soon, my younger brother was there yay!... And the same. But I managed to make it through the ceremony and through dinner so we did good.
Now I am actively looking for a job in the DC, MD, VA, and PA areas. I am leaning toward DC but any will do because they are all so close to each other. I am also looking for an apartment. Apartment= stress-free, more cooking, pets, and aaaahhhhhhhhhh! LOL does that last one make sense to you all?... That will be the sound I will make every time I walk in to my apartment.


In other news...

-My father wants to have the "talk" with me on Monday. I am assuming the "talk" is about marriage because he brought it up at my graduation. Knowing my father he probably has the man and marriage arranged for me. But we are not that close so for him it is probably a big deal to talk to me about it. He does not know I am a lesbian because when I came out to my mother she asked me not to tell any extended family or my father because the blame would be put on her. I've respected her wishes since I've been living in her home. I won't tell him Monday unless he figures it out. He has seen my girlfriend a couple of times so maybe he figured it out. Who knows!

-I need a vacation! Anyone else? I am going on a weekend trip next weekend but I need like a 7 day out of country vacation to get away from the hustle and bustle that my life has been for the past month.



Have a wonderful sun filled holiday weekend!

P.S. Thank you everyone for the congrats! and Thank you Ty for the blog shout out!


~Evolving

3 comments:

TYR said...

Congrats on passing the exam on your first try!
May "the talk" be relatively painless.
My idea of a vacation has become 3 consecutive days without work. Have a good weekend and enjoy your mini vacation.

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Thanks Ty! Enjoy your holiday!

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Hey Tmboy its been a while! How are things? I am not sure where I want to go yet but I am thinking about it. I'll write about it when I decide! Thanks for stopping by!