26 May 2008

Signals

So I've been sending all these signals to the this person that i like cause i don't have to courage to come out and say who i am and how i feel. I'm hoping she will figure it out on her own and i know that that is risky cause she maybe wrong. But why does it feel so much easier than coming out and saying who i am and how i feel? Society has given me all these tools for the to use to "make things easier" but does it complicate the situation with all these signs symbols. I was reading something on AfterEllen about wearing purple colored wristbands to indicate your sexuality. Sounds easy everyone knows your sexual preference only if they know what the purple band means. But if they don't they themselves might start to rock purple wrist band cause they look so hot on you. 
Is it easier to rock symbols, signs, and colors then telling someone this is who i am? 

2 comments:

Journey_Wmn said...

Its 100 times easier to wear a symbol than say out loud that I'm Queer. For me actually verbalizing my sexuality was the hardest thing. So its much easier for me to rock a rainbow somewhere than have to constantly say yes I'm a lesbian.

Personally I advocate there being a hand signal or call that we could do and to find out if someone's gay.

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

It its harder to say it out loud... But how could a signal like that be so universal? nationally known? The rainbow has done justice to the LGBTQ community, i just cant see a hand signal be as helpful. Like telephone its hard to keep the message in tact as it passes along. It would be alot easier though