25 June 2008

Just one of those days...

So Im having just one of those days where everything seems to be going wrong... car trouble, friends, and the list goes on.... Im sitting here listening to Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror... I changed the lyrics to fit me: 
I'm starting with the womyn in
the mirror, I'm asking her to change
her ways;
and no message could have
been any clearer,
if you wanna make the world
a better place,
take a look at yourself, and
then make a change!

I don't want so much as to change who I am but its making me feel a little better. If you haven't heard the song please download it, it really will make you think about YOU which sometimes we all need to do. Im learning more and more about myself as Im thinking too...

1 comment:

TYR said...

I'm hoping your day ended on a higher note. Thanks for your insightful comment.
I'm going to break rules and comment on both of today's posts.
The song on change is apt. I recently decided to change my whole outlook on life and the events that are going on around me. I am practicing positive thinking as well as being more intentional in my actions. I got tired of the world happening to me and decided I'm going to happen to the world. I'm working on keeping positive people around me, people who can uplift me and people who I can also uplift. I am learning how to best me. The best me today will be different from the best me tomorrow, but I'm hoping to make the transitions less painful. It's all about evolving right...
Most of my straight friends are now okay with my sexuality and don't mind throwing in their two cents on queer issues. I think that's been a blessing for me because I can be more honest in my dealings with them. I do hope that your mates will come around and be more supportive.
-Ty-