05 June 2008

Attraction pt.2

In one of my previous blogs titled Signals I talked about how I've been trying to pretty much get this girl's attention. Well I did the funny thing is she had a hunch about me all along. I asked her if she did then why didn't she say anything and she told me she did not because she was shy and if it was not the case it would have been embarrassing for her, which is understandable because I would have felt the same way.
So I am currently talking to her and when I told my guy friends about her the first thing they asked was is she cute? and what features are big? I got offended because that's not at all what interests me about her or any other person. She is more than just her body. I know I got offended because men have and still treat me like I am just a pretty face or amazing body, something stupid like that and they could care less about how I'm feeling or my views on life and the many things that interest me. So when they kept on badgering me on how she looks or if they met her before, I just dropped the subject all together. 
My girlfriend who I've been keeping in the dark about this, thinks that the lighter the complexion the cuter a guy gets. Really? She tends to date guys cause of their looks and then they end up treating her badly. How do you pick people to date? Looks? Personality? Other? Let me know! 
Anyway this girl and I have so much in common that I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. She is smart and fun and all around pretty cool. The down side is we live pretty far away from each other, I mean like a couple hours away. Now that is not a problem with me but I know alot of people have a problem with long distance anything. For now Im just gonna see how this goes. We are actually planning on hanging out and cause of the distance it is basically up in the air. 
My friend and I were talking about texting and the many joys i find in it and the dislike he has for texting. He thinks it is so much easier to pick up a phone and talk to someone specially when you are not doing anything. Where as I find it soo much easier to text then talk on the phone cause of interruptions. What do you think? Would you rather text or talk on the phone? Do you think if two people text rather than talking that it is or is not a healthy relationship?

No comments: