18 June 2009

Process

Process is the act or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end/ goal/outcome. Process in any setting such as relationships, class rooms, work, and just your everyday life can be easy and for some difficult. Although we do not think of it as such getting a job, breaking up, losing weight, etc. is a process. Even getting your point across is a process.

How do you deal with the process?

Well I never thought of the shortcuts I took or the steps I purposely missed for the sake of time and frustration. But in class we discussed process and it made it evident that not going through the proper process would prolong the end/goal/outcome. I thought about situations in my life where I missed a step or two just to avoid an argument. I realized that was unfair to the persons I had disagreements and even to myself.

I was cutting myself short of the process. My understanding was clouded by my lack of communication with others and myself. I realize now that that is cutting not only myself short but also others. I realize that what I do is the same as a person running away from their problems. I do not want to be that person that runs away when things get uncomfortable or tough. Now since I realized that I have been skipping parts of the process. Since I realize it now I have to do something about it.

When I realize that I am cutting myself or something short no matter how painful or uncomfortable the process is I have to strive to complete the process and not cut it short. In previous situations I've skipped processes and ended up with me and the other person confused. We let it go for the moment but kept on going back to the same conversation over and over and over again. It got annoying but I did not realize what I was doing.

Now I know my process flaws so now I have something to work on.

3 comments:

Nona J. said...

The best way I try to deal with process, is by having patience and try to not do everything at once. I use the crawl, walk, and run strategy.

CoolieYan said...

I have this same problem & working on it now as well!

Unknown said...

I try to get away, sometimes it works and other times it does not. I do not want to get away (at times) but I feel it would be best. I have to be in control of my feelings and if I am in a situation that is not going as expected, I try to get away.