02 June 2009

Mind Reading Love

A couple of days ago Nona J. asked me a question about my question post. At first I did not understand what she meant by the question so I sent her a private message asking her what she meant by the question she asked. She explained to me a little about where she was coming from with the question then she rephrased it to say: Do you think love is fair without risks?

Thinking about it I would say no I don't think that love is fair without risks. I say this because I believe that loving someone is a big risk but it also has big rewards if the person loves you back. Love is also one of the biggest situations that you have to let yourself be vulnerable just for the sake of your own happiness.

Love's vulnerability is frightening. You put so much trust in the other person with your own created emotions. Really? That's love! When being vulnerable you put all your cards on the table and more. You share your deepest secrets with the hope that in return your partner shares some of their own deepest secrets.

The downfall to taking such a risk is not getting the reward of love from your partner back. It is easy to know and understand your own emotions however crazy they maybe, you know them. You really do not know how your partner thinks or feels about you... You can only ask and trust that she will be honest with you.

Loving someone is wonderful. You have all these emotions inside of you but you cannot describe the emotions in words, they flood your body and joy escapes. Like I said earlier love is a risk and we do take risks in life but for Evolving this is a big risk.

I believe that NO two people can be deeply in love with each other in the same way at the same exact moment. The only way I think that this is possible is if you are the person in love and you also are a very talented mind reader.

I am not saying two people cannot be in love because I see it everyday and it is soo beautiful. But I believe that love between two people are always slightly different. In life we express ourselves in many different ways. We taste, feel, see, smell, and hear things differently, although there are similarities there are also differences. Which in turn makes in quite impossible for two people to love the same exact way in the same exact moment (at least in my book).

What do you think about love? What has your experience been?

5 comments:

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

I never thought of love as being selfish but it is. A person only knows for themselves how they feel about a person. That person then has to trust their partner with that emotions. Trusting sometimes is a hard thing to do and I think its even harder with love.

Unknown said...

1. Love to me is I do not know. I have not personally had true love yet. To ask me who I love so far is myself and my family. I feel love takes time. You and another individual learn about yourselves and the other. You come together as individuals, flaws and all, and develop that into a long and committed relationship. Both being honest and communicate, trust.
2. My experience I have not had true love yet. But I have had a deep crush on someone to where I had ideal thoughts of being with her for the rest of my life. But I have learned for myself (for now, I am still growing and learning) that ideals are fun for the time but reality needs to set in. I took me a few years to grow from the point of view to now. I had to reflect on my feelings for her as well as reality. Anyways, I take my time to get to know someone. So I am in no rush to have a long committed relationship but I would like to date now. :)

Nona J. said...

"Mind Reading Love" - How people's mind reads love is were the conflict can start. I agree Tmboy, love is a very personal thing. Everyone personalizes love in their own way, and I feel a lot of people don't understand that. I think there can be two kinds of people in a relationship. You can be the extrovert or the introvert. Both differ in the way they love.I believe. (Extrovert tends to be more expressive verbally and physically, introverts speak by putting their words into actions.)When people enter in a relationship they already have their preconceived ideas of what they are looking for (logical). I do, but I think when the emotions come in, that's when our logic turns into wanting the other person to fit into our ideals. I am an introvert in relationships and an extrovert in friendships. (They have common factors, but they aren't the same in my eyes.)The love is different between. Which can be frustrating on both parts. I think when people are reading love they forget that love is more than words, but actions. But the emotions have kicked in and they expect you to be their preconceived notion when you weren't from the beginning. I agree, Evolving, no two people can deeply be in love with each other the same way at the exact same moment.

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Tara: I think the best love is your love for yourself and family. Which is admirable because not everyone loves themselves or family. Thank you for the comments and good luck dating, it can be hard sometimes.

Nona J.: I do agree with you there are two kinds of people in a relationship, I tend to be the introvert and yes it does get difficult when the extrovert does not get that my actions are the same as her words.

Unknown said...

I do think of love from a long and committed relationship (two individuals are together for many years like 20 years plus). Don't they become like family in a sense? Unless being in likeness with an individual whom you would like to develop a lasting committed relationship with, is what is being explained? Even throw lust in there (especially the beginning aspects of dating). Personally, I find "love" a strong word. So I do not use as much unless I truly believe it at that moment which is rare. I do agree with the statement about individuals believing they love at their own moments. When the term "romantic love" is being used I do not view it as "true love". I feel it represents the stage of dating, having ideals of love, getting to know the individual each other (flaws and all).