07 March 2010

Updates!

Hello beautiful people! Its been a while... a long long while. I am here for the moment but I cannot promise that I will blog more cause it IS my last semester and you know how that goes.
So the year (2009) has been trying for me but I made it through and I am so glad it is OVER! My life I feel has just begun! I wrote a post in January about how its my turn to choose and I am choosing to be the I best that I can be! So far I've chosen to open up and find me, I've chosen to communicate more (it is a real process!), I've chosen to not only let someone in but let myself be loved, and I've chosen to let go of the stress in my life. The stress in my life has probably been the hardest some times I feel, because of it I cannot live and not living SUCKS!
At the beginning of the year I thought it was going to be a rough end of my education and rough beginning of my profession. I decided to not sweat the small stuff and it has turned around. Classes are going well I enjoy learning and I am definitely doing that. I'm finding it extra tedious to do any type of paperwork or reading I think senioritus has kicked in. I am applying for my Social Work Licensure Test and I fear a rut is in the near future. Being stuck in a rut is one of my big fears and I think starting. In my field will do that to me. I feel that my collegiate learning will come to an end and I really do not want that. My girlfriend told me that I need to take a break from learning... that is going to be hard! I need some type of education so think I want to learn how to play hand drums. I think it will be entertaining while working as a professional. Oh my gosh a PROFESSIONAL!
My first thing that I will do after my graduation (maybe even before) is to find a job with health insurance because that is definitely priority number 1. Priority number 2 is getting my own apartment (long over due!). Priority number 3 is to get my own (no strings/rules attached) car.
My mother went to Haiti for two weeks as a Registered Nurse while she was there she saw my cousins and they were all fine thankfully. We still have not heard from my god sister though. My mother plans to go back at the end of this month for another two weeks as an RN. She did not talk much about her experience much but I do know that she is a strong woman. I commend her strength and her willingness to go back.
I want to plan my graduation celebration but I am not sure what I want to do. Any ideas?
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

3 comments:

TYR said...

Think of it as graduation from academia and enrolling in the school of life where lessons never cease and pop quizzes are a staple.
As to the matter of the celebration, I highly recommend sky diving or bungee jumping. Personally I'd go bungee jumping, no way am I jumping out of a perfectly good plane with a sheet strapped to my back. The odds are however in your favor if you jump off of a perfectly good bridge with a giant rubber band attached to your feet.
When do you sit for the Social Work Licensure Test and how many weeks til graduation?

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

@ Tmboy I am glad my out look has changed myself. LOL I will ask her about the guitar.

@ Ty Skydiving and Bungee jumping are a little too extreme for me cause I am afraid of heights. LOL it does sound crazy jumping out of a plane with a sheet strapped to you... I would rather the plane fly me out of the country. I am not too sure when I will be sitting for the test yet because I have to get approved to sit for it first but I will keep you posted! 10 weeks woot woot!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.