20 April 2009

The battle within... part deux



Mind vs Heart the bell just rung. In they go... Mind wearing purple and Heart wearing blue. They pace around each other to figure each other out. Mind is acting quite cocky like it knows this battle is going to be a piece of cake. Heart is looking confident and is ready to start this battle. Mind and Heart sit down in front of the table with two pads, two pens and pencils, and two glasses of water.
The battle has just begun they seem very intense and thinking. Heart makes valid points and Mind has a come back. Heart goes in again but Mind pulls out some logic. They both seem to be getting frustrated Mind goes in with reason and gets shut down with Heart's ration. Really? Heart is irrational how did she pull that off?
I am trying to come up with a solution for me. Mind and Heart have been battling for too long. They need to come to some kind of agreement. Someone told me that I should let Heart deal with matters of the heart and Mind deal with everything else while staying in its lane. Easier said then done.
I can't just let my mind stop running the show. Is there some kind of AA meeting, or Nicotene patch for things like this? I need a step program to get my mind to stay in it's own lane.I have to find a way to stop this battle, I have to find a way to make peace with both my mind and heart.

~Evolving