16 April 2009

It's my Anniversary!

I was a bit bothered last night so I came here to write about it. I did not know where to start or what issue to write about so I started alot of different topics but I was not satisfied. I saved the posts in my blog's waiting area with the rest of the unfinished posts. I scrolled down to look at all the other unfinished posts and I came upon this one. I realized that thi month will officially make it a year I started blogging and a year I started locking my hair. So I wanted to share with you a post that has been in my blog's waiting room since April 2008. Reading this blog I've realized that I've come a long way from the person I was then. I graduated, went to Hawaii, moved, came out to my family and friends, got a job, was in a relationship, started graduate school, left my job, left my relationship, and now I am here in April again. I am going to make a list of things I want to do before this time next year... Stay tuned for my To Do List.
FYI: I can tell you what the big deal is now :) I guess I needed that break...





The un-answered story of SEX
Today me and my best friend were on the phone talking about Sex and how I must be the only person on the earth that cannot seem to enjoy it. It is so weird that a couple of hours later I have my other friend in my house banging the mess out of this girl that is clearly not for him. Lets see I would rather be hmmm doing a lot than sex. I mean granite that my sexuality is in question for both you and I but the whole sex thing... been there and tried it and Um kinda boring. Its like the ecstasy that everyone talks about does not even graze my zip-code.
There was a time that I would have sex for the simple fact that I wanted to be "closer" to the person that I was with but the fact was they were just getting close to me that way. It clearly was not working out. So on my journey to find the Womyn in me, I decided not to have sex for the simple fact that I did not want to do it for just the pleasure of someone else but also for me. Well gyrl let me tell you that its been 2 years with so called temptations and not an arousal has sparked my interest in having sex.
Can you tell me what the big deal is?

We also started talking about the TV series The L Word... She has a new boo and he got her into the series so she was telling me about how much she likes it and stuff like that. Now I've watched a couple of episodes from different seasons but not a complete one (I'm trying to wait till i can buy at least 2 or 3 seasons). In my opinion she is a homophobe not as bad as my mother but its there. So while she was talking about the show I asked her if it's made her curious or changed her opinion about homosexuality. She said no she still only likes men.

3 comments:

mariedavis said...

I think most women go through a "no sex" period. It's not as rare as you think. It could be lots of things, hormones (I've reached menapause and BELIEVE me homromore effect lots) it could be a lack of vitamins ( E and D),
or maybe you just need more time to spend just on yourself. good luck... your "drive" will eventually come back ... take it from an old broad!

Journey_Wmn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

for both your hair and your blog. Both big amazing steps! (Damn! I use a lot of exclamation points) Anyways back to the issue at hand. Congrats, on blogging for a year and being committed to being true to yourself. I'm still a virgin so yeah nothing really to contribute to the tired of sex part, but Yay for blogging for a year.

TYR said...

Bon anniversaire for the blog and hair. It's an awesome feeling to be able to look back on the year that you've documented and see the progress that you've made.